Best Recipes | Best Sweet And Sour Shrimp Recipe – The sweet and sour of this shrimp is very good. I especially as if it as this is a quick week night meal that seems special at exactly the same time. Furthermore, i use this same recipe for chicken should you aren’t a shrimp fan. I would use chicken white meat and it lets you do need in order to cook a little longer than the shrimp. Shrimp cooks during first minutes and when overcooked gets very tough. Dependant upon the size you cut the chicken the chicken alone could take 10 minutes.
When it comes to shrimp, with the purchase of it you see various on sales usually that you will find 16/20, 21/25, 26/30, 31/40. This claims how many shrimp you’ll receive in a pound. The lesser the numbers are the bigger the shrimp. Our favorites include the 16/20’s. They are super easy to peel and a great size for under eating. Buy what your budget lets you do is a good rule of thumb.
Best Sweet And Sour Shrimp Recipe
Preparation Time Serves
20 Mins 6
- 2 packages (8.8 oz each) microwavable long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 11⁄2 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 11⁄2 cups sweet-and-sour sauce
To clean up shrimp, first take out the shells. Then take a knife and make up a shallow cut where you observe a dark vein. Scrape it your best you possibly can and rinse it well. I place them in a strainer while I do the rest and blot well with paper towels before cooking. The drier the shrimp is will make it easier to have that nice brown edge while you saute them. Wet shrimp will just steam.