Best Recipes | Best Authentic Cajun Jambalaya Recipe – A good way to separate Cajun and Creole jambalaya is digging in tomatoes. Traditional Cajun cooking doesn’t take advantage of this ingredient.
Jambalaya originates from Louisiana as well as name means’mixed up’in French. That’s the nice thing about this recipe, you possibly can throw anything involved with it; different vegetables, you possibly can swap the chicken for other meats and alter the spices around too.
Best Authentic Cajun Jambalaya Recipe
Cajun jambalaya will be the love child of risotto and paella. The creaminess with the rice is related to what well-made risotto, even though the shrimp, andouille and chicken combination are reminiscent of paella. Jambalaya is a dish of Spanish and French origins through Louisiana. There’s 2 different methods of jambalaya: Creole, the red kind which contains tomatoes and comes from New Orleans, and Cajun that’s manifestation of southwest Louisiana possesses no tomatoes (the further away you receive from New Orleans the less frequent tomatoes become)
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deviened, tail on
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 ounces Andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha, or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- zest of half a lemon
That’s the Best Authentic Cajun Jambalaya Recipe i got. If you like it, please share and let other people know too. Thank you !